Thursday, June 10, 2010
Ticks of the Tape
We interrupt this unemployment to bring you... a career. 18 months of leisure ended, just in time to miss the Blackhawks ticker tape parade. Impeccable timing, eh?
This leads me to the question, why is it called a ticker tape parade? Well, there's only one reliable source for this information... Wikipedia.
"Used ticker tape was cut into a form of confetti, to be thrown from the windows above parades, primarily in lowerManhattan; this became known as a ticker-tape parade. Ticker tape parades generally celebrated some significant event, such as the end of a World War, or the safe return of one of the early astronauts."
Are the Blackhawks astronauts? Or has the war ended? I don't know the answers to these questions, but I know that if the Cubs won the world series, a ticker tape parade would be held to celebrate Hell freezing over.
So alas, I head to rest my eyes. Another great day lays ahead. A day marked by missed opportunities, uncomfortable 'professional' clothing, and theoretical theories being pounded into my head.
Sleep well my friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment